Free to be You
“FREE TO BE YOU” – A 12 session programme offering one-to-one sessions either weekly, or fortnightly. (3 to 6 months – whichever works best for you).
This is a structured programme (using coaching, hypnotherapy and psychotherapy as appropriate), which is tailored to your specific needs. You may have similar thoughts, feelings and behaviours to other people, but you are you – individual and unique – so we will work together to make this journey the right one for you.
If any of the following statements sound like you, even if it’s just one or two, then this programme is perfect for you:
- You have struggled with your weight for a long time and you are sick of dieting
- You have ‘good days’ and ‘bad days’ – depending on how you eat
- You’ve lost weight in the past and then regained it, plus a few pounds more – maybe just once, maybe several times.
- You know what you need to do to lose weight but, for some reason, you can’t make yourself do it.
- You cannot stick to a diet, no matter how hard you try
- You wish that you could eat the way other people seem to eat and not gain weight
- You weigh yourself regularly or ‘all the time’ and your mood is dictated by the number on the scales
- You feel you can’t control yourself around your favourite foods
- You worry that once you start eating you won’t be able to stop
- You think you are weak, lazy or have no willpower around food
- You don’t like to see yourself in the mirror, or in photographs, and you criticise or beat yourself up for the way you look
- You eat very little, skip meals, or exercise a lot to make up for eating too much or if you’ve had a ‘bad day’
- You want to be FREE of dieting once and for all!
How it works:
I’m not going to pretend this is an easy journey, but it can be fun, exciting and energising – and if you are brave enough and determined enough to keep moving forward, this journey could mean you never battle with food, your body, or your weight, ever again. We will work together to make it as easy as possible for you, so we start with the ‘easier stuff’ and work towards the ‘tough stuff’. If it gets too tough sometimes, you can ‘rest’ for a while, consolidate what you have achieved so far – and move on when you are ready. We will take this programme at your pace.
1. YOUR GOALS: Our journey together starts with looking at your future goals. If you don’t know where you are going, you won’t know which direction to take. When your goals are clear in your mind AND you know why these goals are important, we will take a closer look at where you are starting from in the here and now.
2. YOUR ENVIRONMENT: Where you live and work and who you spend time with are all significant factors in how you take care of yourself and how well your needs are being met. Sometimes small changes to your environment can lead to big changes in thinking and behaviour.
3. YOUR HABITS & BEHAVIOURS: We then look at what you could do differently so that you are taking better care of yourself. Even the tiniest of changes to habits that don’t serve you, can result in huge benefits for mental and physical health.
4. YOUR SKILLS: Very often, clients lack the knowledge or skills they need to achieve their goals. If this is you, we will work together to make sure you are fully equipped to deal with all the challenges you might face on your journey.
5. YOUR BELIEFS & VALUES: This is where the deeper work starts. We find out what really drives you to do the things you do (which may not be in line with your goals) and stops you from doing the things you think you should be doing. If you “know what to do to, but can’t seem to make yourself do it”, this is where the potentially life-changing work begins.
- What is happening inside your head when you eat the bag of crisps that you know you don’t need?
- What makes you reach for that biscuit (or packet of biscuits) while watching TV only an hour after dinner?
- Why can’t you stop yourself from eating a whole bar of chocolate (or several bars) after an argument with your partner?
- What drives you to starve yourself for hours, or even days, when you’ve eaten more calories than you planned?
- If the risk of becoming seriously ill, because of your size or your lifestyle, isn’t enough to make you change how you live or eat, why is that?
- If you are always hungry, what is it you are hungry for?
- What’s really going on for you when you decide to stay at home instead of joining friends or family for a fun day out?
- What stops you from giving yourself the time and space you need to be healthy, happy and whole?
- Why do other people’s feelings and needs come before yours?
These are the sorts of questions my clients want answers to. Each client is different and your questions may be different. You are a unique human with your own personal challenges and your own thoughts, feelings and desires.
We will dig as deeply as you are willing to go to uncover the answers you need that will make a real difference for you.
6. YOUR IDENTITY: On this journey, you will change. The person you are now, when you contact me to book your first chat, is not the same person you will be three to six months from now. If you are ready, willing and able to change, you can make it happen.
‘Free to be You’ is not just about learning to easily manage your weight, it’s a journey towards self-love, or self-acceptance if love is a stretch too far – which, at this point, I understand it may be. Most importantly, it is a journey towards having a body that feels right for you and a life that is full of love, connection, fun and FREEDOM.
3 month option
12 sessions weekly – £1,875 (or 3 payments of £675)
6 month option
12 sessions fortnightly, PLUS email support – £2,585 (or 4 payments of £685)
For either option, your initial session is 90 minutes, remaining sessions are 60 minutes each
IMPORTANT NOTE: I will ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire before we start on your journey to Food & Body Freedom. This is so that I can get a picture of your current relationship with food. Disordered eating behaviours can be addressed on this programme, active eating disorders cannot. Where an eating disorder is present, it is important that this is dealt with prior to any attempt to lose weight. I offer eating disorder coaching on a session-by-session basis and we will work together for as long as you need. Please be aware that I do not currently offer coaching or therapy for sufferers of anorexia nervosa, but I am able to refer you to someone who can help.